Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Blissful Whites.....


 Mystery lamp. This is heavy iron. Beautiful isn't it?
Sign says to turn red knob for service.
It works. (the knob, not getting service).
Light comes on in middle.
Other knob is broken, so red light does not go on.

Our guess is maybe on a fancy restaurant table...
What do you think??


This is Ruby's older sister, came for a visit.
On FB we are gathering names to help me decide what to name her.
Ideas?
 
More dolls. Not sure why, but keep finding bags of dolls lately.
Cannot seem to resist getting them.
If you see anything that looks familiar,
please let me know. I am just learning as I go.

 

 I'm not into the whole doll parts thing, but these were in the bag also.
Isn't that a sweet baby face in the front?
Actually, they are all very sweet.

How about these old cement benches I bought last weekend?
4 of them!
My sweet fella was less than thrilled when he had to move them.
They are HEAVY!

 
 and here are some treasures for our 
Junque in the Trunk Vintage Sale June 15th.
Hope you are in our area and able to come.

blessings everyone
joining in on Blissful Whites Wednesday

barb


9 comments:

Tete said...

More fun things! Have no idea on the lamp. It has to be commercial though. Doll parts are one of those things that you either love them or they give you the creeps- LOL. I didn't know any of those.
Love the benches and wish I had some. Love the curves. I need a couple of old head boards sometime. So far no luck in just running across some cheap ones. Up late?

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

I've never seen a lamp like that before. It's an amazing piece. Maybe you can convince your hubby to serve you breakfast when you turn the knob, lol.
I don't know why, but the first name that popped into my mind when I saw your new dressform, was Lavina.
Hugs,
Julia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Barbara Jean...love your finds!
That lamp is very unique!
Hmmm...how about Blanche?

Anonymous said...

Have never seen a lamp like this, very unusual, I am not into dolls much either, but I just love those cement benches, how fun!

Corry said...

Hallo Barbara
Hier weer eens een bericht van mij.
Wat een mooie lantaarn, zo'n lamp heb ik nog nooit gezien , en de poppen zijn zo mooi
Ik hou van poppen
hugs Corry

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

What about Rhoda.....Ruby and Rhoda....

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a cool lamp even though it has me stumped. I think you need to save the doll parts for Halloween, kinda spooky. I was thinking Ruby's sister looks like an Agnes:-) Love the rusty stuff.

farmhouse-story said...

you find the greatest things, barb! my fav is ruby's nameless sister:) btw, she look's like a bertha to me! ha!

Karen said...

So many fun things!but that lamp is a mystery to me. It's so pretty but I can't imagine what it was used for.