Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cook Books..and More

I found a batch of old books last weekend.
Cook Book by a local church in my own home town..
dated 1910/11
cook books by Metropolitan Life Insurance. Co.
One dated 1918

 Royal Baker, another old cookbook. dated 1911.....


this fun little booklet is a
Clay Robinson and Co. Livestock Report.

This has a lot of information I would have never thought to ask:
like, average time required for the digestion of various foods.
is that for me, or a cow???
 A calendar from 1922,
and gestation periods of farm animals.... OK...moving on..

 This is the envelope a "Gasoline Engine Instruction Book" 
came in, from Sears, Roebuck, and Co.
Seattle, Wash.
 Post marked 1925


 And finally, this book. 
The Puritan. Dated Sept. 1900. 

 cool old ad.....
 and contents page.
This book has a lot of wonderful pictures and ads in it
 and my pics do not show you the wonderful 
aged colors of the pages...

Thanks for coming by
blessings
barbara jean

3 comments:

Lululiz said...

I love books, any kind of books. You got a lovely collection there. I especially like the Baker book, the cover illustration is gorgeous.

Little Miss Maggie said...

I love old books and the old cookbooks are so much fun to read through.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love old books with great graphics. You have some nice finds.