Saturday, October 1, 2011

Caution....Screen Your Comments Carefully!!!

No picture.  This is a serious post.

Please be careful to screen your comments carefully before publishing. Check what you allow posted in your comments, and readers, be careful what you open.
I have seen a couple of links that were not things I wanted my eyes to see.
They are usually under 'anonymous', and have not been caught by your spam detector.

Please pass this along if you desire. It's a sick world out there.

Thanks, and Blessings all
barbara jean

6 comments:

RobinfromCA said...

This is exactly why I have to see comments before they're published. Hackers are out there and most of them are creating havoc just for their own amusement. Sad isn't it?

Tete said...

Thanks for the reminder and warning. It is a sick world out there, for sure, and they have found blogland. Blogger can even kick you off for having those comments published.

SharonLarkin said...

I too always screen any comments (not that I have many LOL) before they are published. Whilst I haven't had any "nasty" links, I have had the odd comment left which simply wants folk to visit their website for a commercial purpose which really irritates me!

Okio B Designs said...

Isn't it disgusting?! I also have my settings set so I know what's on there before publishing. People need to get lives out there. First they tried to take over your email, then your Facebook and now they are intent on spreading viruses and gross things via blogs.

Jeanine

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Exactly why I moderate my comments...and do not accept anonomous. I have tried...but it is always a mess in no time. Thanks for the reminder!!

d e l i g h t said...

Thank you for this information and caution. I have started receiving anonymous comments and they always make me a little concerned. Thanks for visiting!