Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blue Monday: Tea Cups, and Blue Eyes


 It's blue Monday again over at Smilin' Sally's.
Above is a little collection of blue tea cups,
and sweet blue tea cozies, handmade by one of my vendors.
 close up of cup. Anyone know what they are called?
 Here is a drawing by Charlotte Becker.
I looked all over the internet to find this particular pic,
but could never find it. Anyone know the name?? Value??
Seems like most of her work sold for a lot.
This is a print with very muted colors.
 Here is a close up of her beautifulface.
And look at those blue eyes!!!!! Such sweetness.

This picture of her face shoes much more color than the drawing does.
The top photo is more like the actual colors.

That's it for my blues today.
Hope you will join our wonderful hostess Sally for more blues.

blessings
barbara jean

17 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

I love this post - and now I want to go embroider a tea cozy! I'm not sure what that china pattern is.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I am drawn to all shades of blue and the collections you've shown are lovely. Plus that sweet painting with those precious faces. Beautiful! Have a great day. Tammy

Angela Richardson said...

Those are 'Willow pattern' cups ans saucer.Very popular here in the UK.
Just right for afternoon tea!!

It's all About Clark said...

Oh my gosh! what a beautiful blue eyes. love it, love it. Happy Blue Monday.

Elaine said...

Very nice old tea bups.. I love to see pictures of children with blue eyes

Elaine said...

Very nice old tea bups.. I love to see pictures of children with blue eyes

SmilingSally said...

What a delightful child!

Thanks for sharing your blues.

Happy Blue Monday, Barbara Jean.

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Great print, wish I knew the name for you. Blessings, Debbie

Neabear said...

Awesome blues! Love those tea cozies too! Those blue eyes are really something!

My Blue Monday is on my craft blog this week!

~Linnea

Ann said...

Those blue eyes are so dramatic!!!Love the picture.
Ann

Unknown said...

Love it! Have a good Blue Monday!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Lovely blues!

My Blue, please come and see when you have a chance. Thanks!

Pie said...

Beautiful cups!

My Blue Monday is here.

joyh82 said...

How pretty love that print. I am a big fan and collector or Bessie Pease Gutman artwork. Kind of reminds me of her. Have a great week!

LV said...

I do not know the cup pattern, but I noticed the embroidery behind. I love all hand made linens. Crochet, embroidery, you name it. I have a lot but still want all I see. That is such a sweet little face in the picture.

Northwest Pretties said...

Such a pretty post! ~Susan

Northwest Pretties said...

Hi Barbara, I'm in Port Orchard. The Kitsap Peninsula, near Bremerton. Have fun this weekend! ~Susan