Sunday, December 12, 2010

I Made It!!! New Cloche




My New Cloche.
This is how it started:

I bought this old clock for a friend,
but it was not what she wanted.
It did not work, but for the project I thought of it did not matter.

I had also purchased this candle holder,
thinking I would use the glass part for a cloche.

I took the clock face off the big wood part......

Laid the clock face on the candlestick and was gong to glue it together.
It looked great! don't you think??
I noticed upon closer inspection, that the candle holder
top was crooked. Putting the clock on it made it even more noticeable.
We tried to level it out with a piece of wood, but, it did not work.
Back to square one.

So, enter wood candle holder.
Glued clock on there, added cloche and contents.

Wa la! Cuuute!! and unique!!

Now question: I tried a black one under it and did not like it.
I used a stained wood one, but it is only OK.
I'm thinking maybe white and antique it.
(my most fave of all was of course the brass
because it matched so well, but....)

What is your vote???
leave it brown??
Paint it white?


Thanks for visiting!!
Blessings
barbara jean

Oh, for new Sachet tutorial: go
HERE



Up in the Attic with Pammy


A Little Knick Knack






16 comments:

Patti's Artful Design said...

Oh my goodness, Barbara Jean!.....I love it just the way it is! I love everything about it...the clock face, the cloche, the quote, the nest, the key...just darling! Happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

Barbara Jean, First of all -- you are a genius to think of using a clock face for the plate portion of the cloche! WOW!!! I personally like the black stand. It matches the clock numbers. That would be my personal fave. You're amazing...it is just that simple.

Juli@Korotaeva said...

Very beautiful! And thank you for sharing your new tutorial! :-)

Susan said...

Barbara, I would not change a thing! It is beautiful!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Very clever and it looks great just like it is.

Anonymous said...

How clever! I think it looks great just the way it is. The black matches the mumbers so I wouldn't change a thing. Wonderful idea!

Wishing you a merry one!
~Michelle

deb said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!
*hugs*deb

Lululiz said...

It is perfect! I love the clockface under the cloche and your gorgeous arrangement. Sigh, totally beautiful.

Vicki said...

I LOVE the clockface cloche. I think I would leave it as is. I like it with the black base. Just gorgeous!

concretenprimroses said...

This came out great! I love how the clock face looks as the base.
Kathy

The Feathered Nest said...

Barb!!! This is so beautiful!!! You've combined to favs....cloches and clock faces!!!! If you wanted to try it, you could paint a base cream and rub a little rub n' buf gold here and there to tie together the gold pieces....but I have to say, I LOVE the way this one looks just the way it is!!!! YOU GO GIRL!! hugs and love, Dawn

One Cheap B*tch said...

This is just gorgeous! So unique and such a great idea! I think brown would look pretty too!

Jeanine

the old white house said...

Genius!!! That is fabulous! Theresa xoxo

Cassie said...

It is an amazing transformation!!!!
This is gorgeous!
I think that I would do a white crackle paint over it and maybe add some ink to antique it.
=)

Marie said...

Omigosh Barbara Jean! You have literally turned unwanted items to such wonderful TREASURE. I love love love what you've created there. How creative, I wish I can think of clever things like you.

-marie

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Such a cute treasure! I love what you did with that old piece -well done!- and the clock face is perfect! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday and Happy Holidays!